HK 45 Key Features:
- Integral MIL STD 1913 (Picatinny) rail molded into the polymer frame
- Ergonomic grip profiles with user replaceable grip panels
- HK45 grip-to-slide angle matches Model 1911’s profile
- Common high-capacity metal magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds (for both HK45 and HK45 Compact models).
- Ambidextrous controls with dual slide releases and enlarged magazine release
- Uses the proven modified Browning linkless recoil operating system
- O-ring barrel for precise barrel-to-slide lockup
- Polygonal rifling for longer barrel life and better accuracy
- Low profile drift adjustable 3-dot sights
- Contoured slide with forward slide (grasping) grooves and anti-glare longitudinal ribs
The HK45 Semi automatic pistol traces it's lineage to the highly regarded HK USP 45.
Enhancements to this venerable design now include changeable grip panels and backstraps, a Picatinny rail to mount accessories as well as fully ambidextrous controls.
HK 45 pistols uses the proprietary Heckler & Koch O-ring design for precise barrel-to-slide lockup delivering optimal accuracy. A unique internal mechanical recoil reduction system reduces the recoil forces as much as 30%, improving shooter control during rapid firing and increasing component service life. The HK45 functions reliably with standard .45 ACP ammunition and can easily handle +P versions for greater power.
HK45 models can be also be fitted with threaded barrels for use with suppressors. The gun is packed with an extra backstrap; medium and small interchangeable backstraps ensure an optimal fit for most shooter’s hands and complement the ergonomic profile grip.
The HK 45 frame mounted combination safety and decocking lever is quickly accessible while the control lever has a positive stop and returns to the “fire” position after decocking. Left and right mounted control levers provide safety and/or decocking functions and can be fitted to the pistol simply by changing parts. For true ambidextrous use, a control lever can also be mounted on both sides of the pistol if required. Well-suited for personal defense use, the HK45 is available in, or can be converted to several variants that use different trigger firing modes, including double action/single action (DA/SA) and DAO (double action only). The DAO mode uses the unique Heckler & Koch LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) firing system for improved double action trigger pull. Extensively tested and operationally proven, the HK45 Series is a new paradigm for Heckler & Koch handgun design and is currently being assembled from U.S. and German made components at Heckler & Koch's American manufacturing facility in Newington, New Hampshire.