+1 570 368 3920

Purchasing a Silencer from EuroOptic.com

With all the buzz around silencers (or suppressors - same thing, for the most part) it can seem like a ton of hassle to enjoy shooting with a firearm sound suppression device. And while there has been regulation surrounding these for a long time, buying and using a silencer is still very doable, and we'll do the best we can to make sure this process is as easy as possible for you. Read on to find out how.

Silencer Permitted States

First things first - check which state you're in. If you're in the following list of states, owning a suppressor is permitted: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, and WY.

If you're not in those states, possession of a silencer can be considered a serious crime.

Purchasing a Silencer

Purchasing the silencer from us is easy - you can simply add it to cart and purchase, or give us a call or email and we can take your order.

However, you need to plan for one or two more expenses:

  • NFA Transfer Fee. The BATFE charges a flat fee of $200 for submission of the Form 4 document, required to take possession of your silencer. This is usually paid by check at time of Form 4 submission.
  • Dealer Transfer Fee. This varies depending on dealer.
Suppressed Handguns

What Do I Need To Do?

You need to do two things, aside from choosing and purchasing your silencer:

  • Choose a Local Dealer. Just like we can't send you a firearm directly, we can't ship you a silencer directly - you need to choose a local dealer that will take transfer of the suppressor, then help you get your Form 4 submitted. You need a dealer that has an FFL and has paid for an SOT, or Special Occupations Tax. Some sites (like here or here) are designed to help you find these; you can also review the ATF's FFL listing and call and ask dealers if they have an SOT.
  • Choose your submission type. You can submit the Form 4 as an individual or as a trust. Your local dealer will help you with this, but in essence if you submit as an individual, no one else will be legally permitted to have your silencer without you being there. If you like the idea of you and your family or friends being able to use the equipment, you might consider a trust.

There has been a lot of talk as to how the ATF's 41F rule will affect purchasing silencers with a trust, but in essence, now all members of a trust save beneficiaries must submit fingerprints and submit to a background check, as well as notify their Chief Law Enforcement Officer, when any member of the trust purchases an NFA-restricted item. There's still a lot up in the air regarding 41F; see the links below for more information.

Also, getting a trust used to be somewhat challenging - but it's not anymore. Check out SilencerShop's Single Shot NFA Gun Trust, if you'd like a no-frills, low-investment way to get started with a silencer trust.

Once you've got your dealer and your submission method, you're good to go with us - just call or email us the name and address of your FFL/SOT dealer to send your purchased silencers to, and we'll get the transfer started!

How Long Do I Have To Wait?

Receiving a silencer is just like purchasing a Christmas gift for your future self, and then waiting for it - when the approval happens, it will certainly feel that way. The best way to estimate wait times, in our estimation, is the check out NFA Tracker's Trend Graph - these are real user- submitted data points that tell how long folks have waited doing just what you're doing. When your stamp is approved, your local dealer will call you directly, and you will travel to that dealer to pick up your new silencer.

More Information

Want to read more? No problem. Here are a few links which are very helpful to understanding the process.

Suppressed Rifles

Get News, Deals and Updates

EuroOptic International Sites:

Please Wait...