Sako Varmint Stainless 223 Rem. Rifle JRS1G12
The SAKO 85 Stainless VARMINT in .223 Remington has an action designated “S” for short.
Traditional SAKO features listed below are standard on Sako 85 Stainless Varmint rifles.
Sako 85 Varmint Specs
- action sizes matched to cartridges
- mechanical ejection
- integral tapered scope mount rail.
- additionally there is controlled feed on all models to ensure reliable cartridge feed to the chamber in all situations (Pat.pend.).
- the safety features a mechanism that allows loading and unloading of the rifle with safety engaged.
- the steel magazine is detachable and can also be loaded through the ejection port.
- magazine release is prevented against accidental release (Pat. pend.).
- the single-set trigger pull is adjustable from 1 kg to 2 kg (2 to 4 lbs).
- the straight, laminated walnut STOCK with wide fore-end is oilfinished. Strong, extended recoil lug screwed on the fore-end.
Manufacturer Part No:
- Caliber: .223 Remington
- Weight: 8 1/8 lbs
- Rifle Overall Length: 43 1/8"
- Action: Stainless steel short
- Trigger: Single set adjustable from 2 - 4 lbs
- Safety: Bolt handle lock allows loading and unloading of the rifle with safety engaged
- Rifle Barrel Length: 23 5/8"
- Rifle Barrel Twist: 10"
- Rifle Stock: Laminated brown with extra wide, flat-bottomed beavertail fore-end and more pronounced pistol grip
- Scope Mount: Integral scope mounting rails are on the top of the receiver